The Northern Territory Recycling Modernisation Fund is a joint initiative of the Australian Government and the Northern Territory Government. It provides $3.8 million in funding support to invest in new infrastructure that recovers, sorts, processes, recycles, reuses and remanufactures waste streams subject to ban from export, such as plastics, paper and cardboard, glass and tyres.
Grants of at least $50,000 are available on a 50-50 co-contribution basis.
This funding is available to both profit and not-for-profit organisations with or without a registered business name.
To be eligible, organisations must:
- hold a valid Australian business number (ABN) and have been operating under that number for at least one year
- agree to carry out an eligible project with any grant funding provided to it
- be able to financially commit and has authority to co-fund at least 50% of the total eligible project costs
- have a history of compliance with all legislative requirements and is fully compliant from the date of the application.
Projects must also:
- operate in the NT
- increase the capacity for domestic sorting, processing, recycling or remanufacturing of materials
- deliver new or improved resource recovery, recycling and remanufacturing infrastructure
- demonstrate a long-term return (minimum 5 years) on investment to the NT
- be completed and operational by 30 June 2024.
For guidelines and application forms, visit the NT.GOV.AU website. This program is now open to applications, closing at 4 pm on 22 June 2022.
Get in touch with our highly knowledgeable waste equipment consultants for more information and support on feasibility studies and product trials. Contact us right now.