Manufacturing in Australia creates substantial amounts of mixed recyclable materials from a range of waste streams. The good news is that steel, cardboard and plastic can be recovered and recycled for other uses. A challenge manufacturers experience is separating the recyclable material to be baled or compacted for a recycler’s use. As a result, many manufacturers are wasting valuable products which could generate a substantial revenue stream for them.
To make profitable returns out of recyclable materials, manufacturers use balers, shredders, granulators, compactors and crushers from Waste Initiative to collect, dispose and recycle waste.
- Vertical balers – save space, time & disposal costs
- Horizontal paper balers – maximise commodity value & produce high-density bales for transport efficiency
- Shredders – product destruction & size reduction
- Plastic granulators – reduce waste product into reusable plastic
- Stationary compactors – for large cardboard sheets & boxes
- Drum crushers – for volume reduction of 20 to 205L drums
- Glass crushers – reduce volume of bottles & glass containers in recyclable waste