Australia’s waste is predominantly handled by waste contractors, material recovery facilities and transfer stations. These systems facilitate the removal of waste from the point of generation, ensure maximum landfill diversion and attend to the recycling of commodities including paper and cardboard, glass, plastic, gyprock, steel and other reusable materials.
For the most cost-effective management of various waste products, Waste Initiatives’ compactors, vertical balers, shredders, horizontal balers and roll packers are commonly used.
- Horizontal balers – maximise product value & produce high-density bales for efficient transport
- Shredders – product destruction & pre-sizing for sorting
- Transfer compactors – maximise bin payloads at transfer stations
- Glass crushers – turn glass into aggregate or sand
- Trommels & star screens – separate fines in sorting facilities
- Infeed conveyors & picking lines – sort waste streams