1.1 The client is responsible for the condition and safekeeping of the rental equipment and may be liable for any equipment which is lost, stolen or damaged during the rental period. Damage Waiver is provided to reduce a client’s financial liability during their rental of Waste Initiatives equipment.
1.2 Financial liability refers to loss or damage related charges which could equal up to the new replacement value of the rental equipment, salvage costs & rental charges incurred during repair/replacement if the equipment is lost, stolen or damaged.
1.3 Some examples of when Damage Waiver Protection is required:
- If you have not budgeted for unexpected damage to the rental equipment.
- If you do not have appropriate insurance with PQRS noted as an interested party.
- If your insurance policy does not cover rental equipment.
1.4 Unless you are advised otherwise in writing by PQRS, damage waiver is compulsory when establishing an account with PQRS and automatically applied to all rentals.
1.5 What does Damage Waiver cover? *
- Loss or damage to rental equipment caused by collision, fire, storm, accident, earthquake or theft.
1.6 Some liability not covered by Damage Waiver: *
- Damage resulting from misuse or abuse of the equipment, negligent acts or omissions of the client, failing to maintain the equipment or improper servicing or during transport including loading / unloading.
- Loss or damage resulting from a breach of any of the terms of the rental agreement including failing to protect the equipment from theft, loss or damage.
- Multiple incidents.
1.7 Damage Waiver Cover is not insurance or a substitute for insurance. It is a non-refundable fee of 10% of the rental charges for the equipment and billed on the rental invoice in addition to your rental charges. The Damage Waiver has an excess of $2500 or 10% of the repair or replacement cost, whichever is the greater.
* Terms and conditions apply. See Waste Initiatives Terms & Conditions for full details.